The ACHG can provide a range of consultancy services tailored to your needs.
Consultancy services can provide on-site advice to assist directors and their executive team in developing strategy and fulfilling their broader responsibilities of governance. The services can be provided either through our in-house consultants or through recommendations to external professionals.
In-house consultancy expertise is available to assist in the following key responsibility areas:
- Ensure that effective healthcare governance framework and processes are in place that equally emphasise corporate and clinical governance responsibilities
- Assess board performance and development needs
- Develop processes to monitor and redirect organisational performance
- Develop a quality and risk management framework customised to the activities of your organisation
- Formulate appropriate strategy to address the population health needs of the community being served
- Connect and network with peers, attend knowledge transfer and professional development forums
- Keep up to date with research developments and policy
Organisations which have used the services of the ACHG in the past few years include:
- Sunraysia Community Health Service
- Eastern Region Mental Health
- Melbourne Genomics Health Alliance
- Fire Rescue Victoria
- Alpine Health
- Albury Wodonga Health
- The Peter Doherty Institute of for Infection and Immunity
- The Bays Health Service
- Tweedle Child and Family Health Service
- IPC Health
If you are interested in accessing professional expertise, or in learning more about the available opportunities, contact:
GovernWith and ACHG
GovernWith, the Victorian Healthcare Association (VHA) and ACHG have collaborated to create one compelling solution to take boards, directors and executives from evaluation to education for identified governance risks, action plans for addressing them with linked targeted education and resources.
Our solution combines the proven approach of GovernWith’s supported, online solution for managing governance risk. This is done by providing governance review and development programs for boards, individual directors and executives with the extensive health governance consulting expertise of VHA and ACHG.
Together we expertly support boards, directors, executives, and whole organisations on their journey of continuous improvement; building a shared, consistent understanding of good governance; and empowering leaders to improve organisational efficiency, productivity, service quality, and culture.
phone: 0439 488 223
Introducing the GovernWith Plus portal
The newly revamped GovernWith portal, GovernWith Plus, offers all boards, directors, and individuals (current or desired role on a board) a quality assurance approach for building capacity and consistency of practice in our boards through:
- easy-to-use online processes fully supported by Customer Success Team
- content aligned with contemporary corporate governance, such as Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), Department of Health, Department of Families, Fairness and Housing, and Aged Care Reform and Quality Standards
- identification of top strengths and opportunities for development against key governance and sector-specific requirements
- succession, recruitment, induction, and development planning with directors through data-driven insights for decision-making and development planning
- comparison to GovernWith Effective Practice and Benchmarks
- access to GovernWith’s community and extensive resources (such as webinars, blogs, podcasts, newsletters, insights sessions)
- GovernWith’s expert partnership services and education (such as VHA Health Board Essentials training, Governance Institute Australia, ACCPA, Women on Boards, Board Pro).
In addition to our core Board Governance and Director/Individual Skills Matrix, GovernWith Plus can be upgraded to include Board Sub Committee Reviews, Director Peer Reviews and CEO reviews that can be tailored to your committee charters
With the brand-new look and feel across the three key areas – Questionnaires, Results Dashboard and ReAct Report – it’s time to take your governance journey to the next level.