The Australian Centre for Healthcare Governance (ACHG) is an initiative of the Victorian Healthcare Association (VHA), providing practical governance support to the health and community sector.
The ACHG assists directors of healthcare boards and executive management teams to fulfil their governance responsibilities by providing a tailored governance support program that meets the unique needs of the organisation.
In addition, the ACHG engages directly with individual health services and community organisations to provide an assessment and analysis of an organisation’s processes against industry governance requirements and best-practice standards to identify gaps and make practical recommendations for improvement.
The ACHG can help directors of healthcare boards to:
- create effective corporate and clinical governance systems
- assess board performance and development needs
- review and evaluate existing governance processes
- customise a quality and risk management framework
- complete effective strategic planning
- review practices against the Safer Care Victoria Clinical Governance Framework
- develop an action plan to improve organisational governance.