The Australian Centre for Healthcare Governance is an initiative of the Victorian Healthcare Association, the peak body representing the Victorian public healthcare sector.
The ACHG was established in 2010 at the same time as the National Health and Hospitals Network Agreement signalled the transition to Local Hospital Networks and Medicare Locals in all states.
Federal health reform resulted in the creation of skills-based governing bodies around Australia that determine the service needs and priorities of the communities they serve. Through the ACHG, Victoria’s healthcare governance experience can be shared across Australia.
ACHG’s objective is to draw upon its research, intellectual property and expertise to assist directors of healthcare boards to fulfil their governance responsibilities.
We can help you to:
- Ensure that effective healthcare governance frameworks and processes are in place and equally emphasise corporate and clinical governance responsibilities
- Assess board performance and development needs
- Develop processes to monitor and redirect organisational performance
- Develop a quality and risk management framework customised to the activities of your organisation
- Develop appropriate quality systems and processes in your organisation
- Formulate appropriate strategy to address the population health needs of the community being served
- Connect and network with peers, and attend knowledge transfer and professional development forums
- Keep up to date with research developments and policy
Jo-Anne Moorfoot | Executive Director
Jo-Anne began as an allied health clinician working in rural and metro sectors in acute, subacute and community health settings. She transitioned into management and developed a passion for quality and safety. She was Director of Quality and Risk for two of Melbourne’s largest metro health services.
Jo-Anne also managed a large operational clinical service and diverse workforce as Director of Continuing Care for Austin Health.
ACHG is governed by the Victorian Healthcare Association board of directors. To find out more about the board visit vha.org.au/about